The Curls Before The Chronicles
Hello everyone, and welcome to the first entry of Curls & Chronicles! I'm Amari, and I'm thrilled to start this new adventure with you. I’m currently navigating the exciting (and sometimes overwhelming) life of a Junior/Senior in college. My academic world is rooted in sociology, with a minor in political science, but I like to think my curiosity stretches beyond the classroom.
This blog is where my love of storytelling and exploration meet. Over the summer, I took a communications course that completely reshaped how I view writing. I interviewed a professional for the first time, wrote an article I was proud to share, and discovered how much fun it can be to transform ideas into something worth reading. That experience inspired me to dive deeper, and here we are.
Here’s the twist: I was born and raised in Baltimore. I’ve walked through nearly every museum, visited plenty of restaurants, and wandered countless parks. You could say I’ve “done” Baltimore, but have I really? That’s where the fun comes in. I’ll seek out entirely new spots or revisit old favorites with a fresh perspective to keep things interesting. Because honestly, there’s always something magical about walking into a place with a blank canvas, no expectations, just the opportunity to see it again with new eyes.
What can you expect from Curls & Chronicles? It's part adventure log, reflection, and all love for my city. As a young Black woman with curly hair and a busy calendar, I want this space to highlight the fun side of exploring Baltimore and the personal growth that comes with it. I want to show life from my POV by visiting black owned businesses and black-inspired museums. But Baltimore is a diverse place of many cultures, and I'm excited to expand beyond my own.
So, come along. Between chasing down new corners of the city, sharpening my writing, and preparing for law school, this semester will be one for the books.
Comments
Post a Comment